CO-WORKING MEMBER CONTRIBUTIONS
Our co-working space offers a monthly refund of either 30% (for 1 month rolling plans) or 50% (for 12 month plans) for members who find they have time to contribute 15 minutes per day to the project, with NO ongoing obligations. Here’s some examples;
- Simon puts the kettle on at 3pm on Tuesdays so we have a weekly shared tea break called ‘Cake & Tea at 3’
- Tony posts a poll onto our Facebook group to choose a venue for a monthly drink in the city centre at 6pm called ‘The Sixy Social’
- Lee has developed and shared options for new lighting in the middle co-working zone
- Jonny and Nick became Trustees of our new School for Pop-Ups
- Rheannon co-ordinates keys for people joining who’d like a locker
- Kirstine researched and ordered new enery efficient hand dryers for the toilets
- Bruno waters the plants and created plans for new telephone booths
- Ben paid 12 months in advance to fund the construction of new telephone booths
- Dennis brings the post up to the co-working floor
- Sophie and Laura created a new layout for the sofa area
- Nicola planned a rounders social in Endcliffe Park
- Lucy organises ‘Hie & Pie’ every few months as a chance for new and existing members to catch-up over free pie!
How does it work?
- To discuss ideas and agree how you’d like to get involved you can always book a catch-up with me (Matt)
- You can also check the shared spreadsheet to see what tasks have been added, and what are in progress
- You could come along to one of our monthly Working Group lunchtime meetings from 12-1pm (with free lunch!)
- Each month you can submit a form with a very brief activity description, plus your bank details, to claim a refund of either 30% or 50% of your monthly membership, which will be processed within 7 days
Changes to your availability
- You never need to worry if you don’t get time to contribute, as your recurring membership payment will be made as usual, and we understand that the life of someone working in an independent office can often mean your workload fluctuates
What if I don’t have time to contribute?
- That’s TOTALLY fine! The majority of our co-working members are super busy and also don’t have time to contribute, so in this regard there’s absolutely no expectation or obligation.
© 2018 Union St, all rights reserved.
Union St, 18-20 Union Street, Sheffield, S1 2JP